open to interpretation

i interrupt the 30x30x$30 challenge to bring you a different kind of outfit post.

my good friend, Amy, asked me to join her Open To Interpretation party today and i am really excited about it!

Open To Interpretation is where you take an outfit from a magazine, fashion blog, {pinterest}, and re-create it using your own creativity.
i love the concept of this because too many time i think women i look at those fashion pictures too often and think to myself,
“oh, well, if i had that skirt or that blouse or had her body then yeah my outfit would be amazing.”

NAY!!
you can definitely be just as cute by using your own creativity and by shopping your closet!
{also why i love the 30x30 challenge!}

seriously.
it works!

so here’s the picture that we were given to use for inspiration in picking our outfit this week:

and here’s my take on the outfit:
{and i realize the time of day was a bad choice for lighting but… whatevs}

open for interpretationopen for interpretation 2

i really liked my outfit because i don’t think i would have thought to put all those pieces together if i didn’t see that picture first. Adam actually picked out a different sweater for me that looked good too, but i thought the sweater vest gave it more of my own personal, quirky& funky flair.  

oh yeah, and this whole outfit is under $20!!
SCORE!

what do you think?
what pieces would you put together to try and re-create this outfit?
note: you don’t have to have red pants or a furry hat!! i happened to have red pants on a fluke. but you could definitely do this outfit without them!

go check out Amy, Erika, or Kayla’s blog for more great interpretations!

OTI
 
 
 
--------------------------------------------------------------
and the winners of the 400 followers giveaway are:
 
Sebastian Design winner: Jess
 
After Nine to Five winner: Amie S.
 
Mrs. T, Naturally winner: Whitney Freeman
 
Keeping Up with the Catelmos winner: Alyx
 
Whimsical Poppysmic winner: Meg
 
Blue Eyed Owl winner: Salena
 
Beck-A-Boo Crafts winner: LeDawn
 
thank you to all who entered!!
i hope you still check out all those shops/blogs because they are amazing
and i really did read through all 414 comments so THANK YOU THANK YOU for all your sweet words and congratulations!!
i couldn’t have done it without all of you!
 

20 comments:

Amanda said...

Love your interpretation!!!

Ruthie Hart said...

you have red pants!! love them!

Amie S. said...

Yay!!! Super excited!! Thanks Megan! :)

Amy @ Amy Day to Day said...

You were pretty much born to be a style blogger. Yep. But really, I LOVE this outfit. The striped shirt with that vest is the cutest combo ever! You are such an itty bitty thing! Thanks for participating, friend!

Erica said...

I love the pattern mixing with the shirt and vest! Our outfits are actually kinda similar b/c I did wore a vest and a beanie as well. I must have been inspired by you! Thanks for participating!

North Meets South

Traci Butler said...

Cute outfit - even better then the original outfit in the first picture.

henning love said...

i love your interpretation! those red pants are awesome and yippe! i won the cozy from whimsical poppysmic

Preethi said...

Another show of love for the vest/striped shirt combo. Such cute pattern mixing!

preethi
lace, etc.

Emma Frances said...

This is so fun! I love your interpretation! And I can't wait to try one of these myself!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Egg said...

what a fun idea! i think you look way cuter than the model!!!

xoxo the egg out west.

Tiffany said...

I love it!! I like how you threw in the patterned vest to mix it up a little and a I love the flared red pants!

... said...

I am loving these red flare pants!! :) I want!

Aubrey said...

adorableness.

Katie said...

I'm stopping over from the link-up.
such a fun vest. Great interpretation!

whit | Black Little Button blog said...

Those red pants are awesome! We both scored on the thrift-side of this interpretation! Go us! Thanks so much for the comment! I really appreciate it!
-wHiT

www.blacklittlebutton.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

I really love the flare on your red pants too! You're just so cute in your pictures that I'm pretty sure you're the outfit equivalent to an American Idol contestant who's told they could sing the phone book and people would love it. I'm excited to look at more of your posts.

Kayla Moncur said...

That sweater vest is ridiculously awesome. Your whole outfit looks so wonderfully wintery.

Thanks for participating!!

Kayla
Freckles in April

shopfreak said...

I like your addition of the sweater vest ;)

A Little Piece of Me said...

Yay! Thank you! Liz contacted me. :)