reached my limit

IMG_0307

i love Elijah

i really truly do

but after waking up every night this week
i’m a little frazzled

and each night he has woken up earlier
{& stayed up longer}
than the night before

Monday: woke up at 4:45am, went back to bed at 5:30
Tuesday: woke up at 3:30am, went back to bed at 4:15
[that one wasn’t that much longer i guess…]
Wednesday: woke up at 1:00am, went back to bed at 3:45!!
Thursday: woke up at 1:30 am, went back to sleep around 4:45!!

yes.
you read that right!
awake for about 3 hours two nights in a row!!

and of course, he still wakes up for the day at his usual 8:30 time
cause kids are resilient that way!

today i was totally at my capacity for energy and patience.
today, i didn’t care what DVDs or shoes he got into or how many fruit snacks he ate
i just wanted him to be occupied so i could rest!

the problem in all of this “not sleeping enough” business
[that’s not really a problem at all]
is that Elijah is so gosh-dang CUTE that i wish i had the energy to play with him and kiss him and {squish} his chubby little cheeks!!

every time i would lay down on the couch, Eli would come over to me and lay his head next to mine and just coo at me. other times, he would climb on top of me {which i didn’t appreciate} and put his face right in mine and just smile big at me.

it was really adorable! 
and it definitely helped brighten my day.
but it would be even more adorable if he actually slept through the night!!

praying he stays asleep tonight…..

4 comments:

Gentri said...

Oh goodness! That would have me going crazy too. I hope he sleeps through the night tonight!!

Unknown said...

oh my goodness. i am sooo grateful zak hasn't started that. but then again, i'd be the jerk parent who left him in his bed if he was just up messing around. maybe if he was screaming crying i might go lie in there. but that's super obnoxious. i feel for you sleep wise! go take a nap!!

Autumn @ Autumn All Along said...

Wow, you are a good momma. Hope you are able to squeeze some sleep in there somewhere.

The Dayleys said...

Your an amazing mama!! I am miserable if I don't get 8 hours of sleep. I tip my hat to you!! Here's to hoping for a good nights rest!