i’m so glad when daddy comes home!

 101 [we figured out how to face time last night. best.thing.ever!]

Adam is gone for 27 hours to Arizona for a dental school interview.
it’s only 27 hours… but it feels like FOREVER!

sometimes when Adam is gone either out of town for interviews or at school/work for 12 hours, i like to test myself to see if i could do it on my own if something ever happened to Adam.

i try to get out of bed at a more reasonable hour
i try to take a shower early and get ready
i try to keep a positive attitude while doing the things i usually ask Adam to do (changing diapers, take out the trash, etc.)
i try to be more productive during the day
i try to actually make meals for myself and Eli (which is quite a big accomplishment actually…)
& i just try to all around take care of myself and Eli the way Adam would if he was there

but honestly, it almost never goes well!

Elijah ends up being psycho
i start getting tired
i start not feeling good (anxiety, exhaustion, loneliness)
my patience wears out
my emotions get the best of me
& then i just sit around on the couch feeling sorry for myself and unmotivated

i then ask myself,
“if i had to take care of Elijah alone, could i do it?”

the answer almost always come back with a resonant: NO!

i wrote a post about single mothers a little while back and i read over it again.
everything still remains true. in fact, i am more impressed than ever at the strength single mothers have!!

with Adam only being gone for about 21 hours so far, i already feel like i’m at my
{breaking point}

 only a few more hours til we pick him up from the airport!

i will be so GLAD when Adam comes home!!
[in fact, i’ll probably cry :)]

9 comments:

Ana Paula said...

I totally agree with you! I couldn't do it without my husband! I do not know how single (responsible) moms do it. I feel a great admiration for them.

Alexis Kaye said...

Awh! So sweet. Is he interviewing at AT still?! If so, you need to go there because I live there and arizona is seriously so amazing! :) Hope all goes well with his interview! how exciting!

holli h. said...

i didn't know that adam had an interview! how did it go?

GingerPeachT said...

I know what you mean. My hubby was gone for 8 days on a boat when we were only married a couple months. It was real tough and I have no kids!

But what you must remember is God will give you the strength to get thru these hard times.

Keep praying Phil. 4:13.

Lauren Gardner said...

You are too cute. I am almost to that stage in life. My hubby is trying to get into pharmacy school and will start being gone ALL the time. Its kinda already started and I am already freaking out. And we dont even have kids yet! Yeash....

Katie @ minivan diva said...

Hang in there! My husband travels quite a bit for work. I used to feel so stressed, but now I'm getting used to it. Keep busy. : )

his little lady said...

this is so precious! i'm so grateful for the internet and the amazing things that they allow you to do. when mr. taylor and i were dating we were living in separate cities so we relied on skype like it was our job.
Xo

http://mrtaylorandhislady.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

I know exactly how you feel! By the time my hubby gets home from work in the evenings, I am so excited to see him! Things are so much easier when he is home.

Unknown said...

yeah! i'm so excited that he has interviews again!! i hope you guys come live by us, because it would be awesome!!!

but i know how you feel, dental school is tough cookies, but luckily we've finally figured out how to spend time together after a couple months of that being somewhat neglected lol