My Artist’s Way Toolkit

 image

for the BlogHer Book Club this month, i actually reviewed something a little bit different.
i had the opportunity to have a 3-month subscription to My Artist’s Way Toolkit online.
My Artist’s Way Toolkit it meant to be used in conjunction with the book The Artist’s Way but can also be used separately. after doing the exercises for the last month i really am interested in the book would love to read Julia Cameron’s insights.

the toolkit is meant to help readers do things that cultivate creativity every day.
there are morning pages where you are supposed to take time each day to just write whatever is on your mind and just let your thoughts flow, giving way to the creative ideas that are silent underneath.
to be honest, i pretty much sucked at those!
at lot of times my thoughts didn’t make any sense and i’m pretty sure i don’t have any hidden creativity.
but it was nice to just kind of let things out and talk about feelings that i might have had pent up, holding me back from being able to reach some potential i could have.

Julia also gives you set “artist’s dates” where you take your “artist” (your inner creative) out and help tap its creativity by becoming more aware of the world around you.
these ones were actually really fun and really did take me places maybe i never thought of as a “creative place” before. like a rundown part of town, thrift stores, candy shops, or the park.
it was a really fun & interesting way to get out of my writing ruts and push myself in a more artistic way.

i definitely recommend My Artist’s Way Toolkit if you are any kind of artistic person
{painting, drawing, graphic design, writing, jewelry making, ANYTHING can be artistic!}.
it really does give you some great points and ideas to help you to get your creative juices flowing!

 

i was compensated for this BlogHer Book Club review but all opinions expressed are my own.

1 comment:

MostWhatMatters said...

So sweet! Found you through the guest post today! I am your newest follower in all capacities. It's nice to see that others are going through the same thing all over the world! And we're LDS so that helps too! Check out my blog if you get a chance!
Amber