Elijish

photo (48) 
Elijish (ee-lie-zhish): the language of Elijah

Elijah has been talking a lot lately and creating his own little Elijah-language.
he pretty much has the cutest voice ever and the sweetest little inflections when he talks.
it seriously makes me melt even just hearing him say the tiniest words!
i need to record it all before he learns how to speak better.

since i’m with him all day and have learned to speak fluent Elijish, i have started making a list of translations to keep on the door to
1. remember what he used to say
and 2. if anyone had to watch him they would know what “wersh” meant, avoiding any meltdowns & frustrations {for both parties involved}.

photo (47)

so for posterity’s {and grandparents’} sake, i thought i’d share some his best Elijish!

fa-fie: pacifier
uh-oh-sies: uh-oh
akie: blankie
sawwng: song, specifically the song “I am a Child of God
fome: phone
shawk: fruit snack
ana: banana
ah-sauce: applesauce
nuhma-nuhma used to be for milk but now he says melk
wersh: water {no idea why}
coo-coon: cocoon
shepood: shepherd
Boppy: Barney
coo-clous: Blue’s Clues
Dooora: Dora the Explorer
Pah-Pah: Harry Potter
Shupawhy: Super Why
unk-ee: monkey
elefaaawnt: elephant {his favorite!!}
eye-ger: tiger
tee-tee: TV
fye: fire
all di: all done
ahk-you: thank you
pwease: please
goo-nigh: goodnight
wuv ooh: love you!

there are a ton more words that he says but these are some of the cutest/funniest that he’s picked up.
and obviously you can tell my parenting skills are super awesome since my two-year-old already knows 5 different shows & characters and the word “TV.”
yep. mother of the year…

i’m really sad that my little baby is growing up to be such a big kid
but i also love seeing him learn so many new things & discover the world around him.
he is the sweetest little kid i know!
he definitely makes life much more enjoyable & interesting!
{most of the time}

love that stinker!

8 comments:

Me said...

super cute!

Cassie @ Live.Laugh.L0ve. said...

Awe so cute! I love baby talk!

Anonymous said...

That is adorable! And I love your list of them all! Not only does that help the babysitters, but I bet his future wife would love to see it :P

Stacey said...

I love that you are documenting this! I've known my best friend since I was 4 years old, and our parents always tell us that we had our own language that only the two of us could understand. Of course, now no one remembers any of the words, but it's still a fun memory to have :)

A Proverbs 31 Wife said...

What a great idea! I wrote down a lot of things my younger brothers said, (they are 14 & 16 yrs younger than I) and there were some funny things! My favorite still is how he called brother Kip "Mutt" :)

Unknown said...

AW that's too cute! And a good idea to record these even if just to remind him when he's older and get him all blushing because he used to say wuv ooh. ;)

Alisha said...

These are absolutely adorable!! This almost gets me looking forward to having kids. Almost. hahaha Seriously, the wuv you is my favorite!

xoxo

Mrs. Pancakes said...

This is too adorable for words!!