30x30 under $30: day 23 + 7 questions

 day 23.3 day 23.2
[top: Ann Taylor Loft, thrifted; skirt: vintage, thrifted; belt: thrifted; shoes: Forever 21, sale $7; necklace: Cookie Lee, gift; ring: Claire’s, $.50]

my smile is weird and creepy in that picture so please ignore it.
remember how i’m really awkward in fashion pictures?

this is one of my favorite combinations!
and i actually never would have thought of it if it wasn’t for my friend Kelsey
{who i miss so so so so much!!!!}
Adam thinks it’s weird… but honestly he thinks everything is weird so i don’t really know if i can fully trust his judgment.

what do you think?
too many different textures going on?
i think that’s why i love it!
also, those shoes are by far the best $7 i ever spent. if only they were more practical to carry a 30 lb. kid around in and i would wear them every day!

so today i decided it would be fun to also link up with Gentri Lee for her 7 Questions posts.
for my funny picture, though, i decided to use one of Elijah.
1. because he is so fat & chubby and i laugh so hard when i look at his baby pictures
and 2. because i’m pretty sure i’ve deleted an compromising pictures of me so i have no funny ones

DSC04317
seriously. i die.
he is so chubby!!!!
i miss those chubby cheeks!

here are the 7 questions:

1. You're given the choice between a life with love and trials or loneliness and ease. Pick one.
love & trials by far! it would suck but i would have my loved ones around me to lift me up!

2. Would you rather live in Narnia, Hogwarts, Middle Earth, or Neverland?
haha! i just asked this question except i didn’t include Neverland. i love it! umm…. i obviously LOVE Hogwarts and anything Harry Potter! however, isn’t Aslan supposed to be Jesus in the Narnia books so wouldn’t that be pretty awesome to be able to live with him?? so, it’s between Dumbledore & Jesus. :)

3. Think of your dream home... what style is it?
a old style country home with a big porch and bay windows and brightly colored! or basically any house down Somonauk Road in Sycamore, IL.

4. What's currently your favorite song or album?
anything FUN. is my current obsession! seriously i love them with my whole heart and can’t get enough!

5. Who was the last person you hugged?
Adam & Eli

6. You have a ticket in your hand, where is it going to take you?
Holland. i just read a book where the characters went there and now i can’t stop thinking about it.

7. Who is one blogger you KNOW you'd be BFF's with in real life?
Little Miss Momma! i’m pretty sure everyone would say her because she is so amazing & genuine! but seriously i love her. or C.Jane too!! they are both my blogging idols times a million!

also….
yesterday i mentioned how much i am grateful for this blog & this blogging community!
as a big THANK YOU, stay tuned for a BIG surprise soon!!
{surprise as in huge group giveaway. and soon as in possibly later today!}

 

:::p.s.: will the Grace who won the Somewhere Over the Rainbow giveaway please stand up?? i will have to pick another winner soon if it’s not claimed!

11 comments:

ashleymoranyoga said...

cute outfit! i love your skirt!! :)

Ashley said...

I love that outfit. I would never have thought about putting those two pieces together but they look good!

Jenna // The Life of the Wife said...

I want the same house you do! loved learning more about you! AND I totally want to squeeze those cheeks too!!

Jenna

kate said...

That skirt and those shoes are perfect!

Ashley said...

The big porch is definitely on my must have for the dream house! And I would be SO torn between Hogwarts and Narnia. I wish I could vacation in both!

Unknown said...

I love your skirt!
www.alwayssaygrace.com

Unknown said...

I love your skirt!
www.alwayssaygrace.com

Unknown said...

Wow: $7 shoes!? I'm jealous! The outfit is really fun. I tend to have monochromatic outfits so my mind is a little blown by the fact that you're using a pink top with a harvest gold skirt, but you know what, why not. Life's too short to keep all of your outfits "inside the lines." :D

Gentri said...

Love your answers megan!!! :D and ya, aslan is the reason I'd pick narnia. But overall- Harry potter.

Emma Frances said...

I LOVE your outfit! :] And I love learning more about you with Gentri's fun questions! You made a super good point about Narnia and Aslan...now I don't know which I would pick!

The Lady Okie said...

Great answers. Love the picture! I'm just reading the HP books now, so I know what you mean about Dumbledore. He sounds like someone I'd like to meet in real life! Like a magical grandpa or something :)