day 30 & final thoughts

 day 28.1 day 28.2 day 30.0
[shirt, skirt, belt: thrifted; shoes: Forever 21 $7]

here it is!
my last 30x30 under $30 outfit!!
it took forever but i finally posted them all!!
{sorry for so many delays, especially these last 2 weeks being insane}

i thought it would be fun to have a little flashback of all the 30 different outfits that i mixed and matched over the month. it’s pretty crazy i got so many outfits out of those items!
{and still didn’t even use every piece often enough!}

Day 29  Day 8 Day 12 Day 15 Day 20 Day 22 Day 27Day 30

i didn’t do this challenge because i think my clothes are cute or that i’m fashionable by any means!
i had two reasons that i decided to take on the challenge:
1. to prove that you don’t have to spend a lot to have cute clothes
2. to feel better about myself
[mainly #2 as you can see by the bold & enlarged text :)]

after this challenge, i can honestly tell you that i feel far from the feelings of inadequacy i expressed in this post about my clothes.
i understand now that i don’t have to lose myself or give up the things that make me ME just because i’m a mom now.
i don’t have to be frumpy & boring & frustrated with my style.
i can still feel fabulous even with a baby on my hip!
{most of the time…}

this challenge really changed my perspective of mixing fashion & with motherhood.
i feel like i have finally been able to find a good {confident} balance between the two.
i know now that i can still feel good about myself even if i’m changing a diaper.
seriously was a hard lesson to learn!

and let me tell you,
i’m SO much happier after pushing myself through this challenge!
i’m so proud of myself and feel so liberated from my rut!
i regained my style, quirkiness, and confidence back!

i know a lot of people who did this challenge said they got bored or hated it, but i honestly thought it was great and really recommend anyone who is thinking about doing it to definitely try it out!

 

what are some ways that you try to maintain your personal style even if your current situation {i.e. motherhood} makes it difficult?

11 comments:

Sue said...

This was such a fun challenge Megan. I loved seeing all your outfits that you came up with. I think that last one is my very favorite! I'm glad you found the "cute mom" inside of you because you definitely don't have to lose fashion just because you have a baby :)

Rachel Sayumi Porter said...

I LOVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE This!! Cannot believe you thrifted the shirt AND the skirt! I'm in love! you are amazing.

Danny Heyen said...

So happy you are feeling better about yourself. Your clothes are always so cute!

Unknown said...

what a fun project- all of the outfits are so cute! love affordable fashion!

Elizabeth Kelsey Bradley said...

LOVE all these outfits hun, esp this last one!! Btw I put your button up on my blog; I emailed you about it but you know how odd my email is, sometimes people never get my messages. Sigh! Hope you are well!!

rosapelsblog said...

i like your outfit!

Jenny said...

Oh my goodness, I love all of these outfits! I can't wait to meet you at the Breathing Space Retreat!
Modern Modest Beauty

Aubrey said...

love love love so many of your outfits. still thinking about doing it, but after having 2 months of hair challenges and a month of wearing blue everyday for autism awareness i need a little break. maybe in a couple months i'll be ready for it.

Amanda said...

I love seeing all of the pictures all together. :) That is so cool that you were able to do that with just 30 pieces. Kind of surprising I'm sure too!

Unknown said...

Wow! So many amazing outfits over the course of 30 days! Well done girl! :) Accessories! I try to at least ad some cute jewelry or shoes to every outfit!

Unknown said...

These outfits are adorable...
I think I may just pin some to my boards :)

Jenny