getting to know Morgan of WiredOut Jewelry

i am so grateful to Morgan for taking the time to guest post for me today!
Morgan is one incredibly talented mama!! with all that she’s been through she is still managing a super cute Etsy shop, a little {almost} one-year-old, and still one of the sweetest, nicest people i have ever met. i cannot even begin to express how much i have enjoyed working with her and getting to know her.

i hope you all take the time to get to know Morgan and hear/read her amazing story. she is such a good example to me that no matter what our circumstances or situations, we can still love our lives and be grateful for what we have!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

283897_2319101380790_1347189567_32770811_5300805_n 

Hello there!

My name is MorganAnn Davies, and when Megan sent out an email about guest bloggers I jumped at the opportunity. Later though I got so nervous, because I read Megan’s blog all the time, and well those are some pretty large shoes to fill. So please cut me some slack as I am not a pro-blogger, but I’m sure as heck going to try!

Like I said my name is MorganAnn although most people just call me Morgan. I am a stay at home mom, or as I like to call it a “play at home mom”, to a beautiful boy named Trenton who is about to turn 1, Yikes! I am also the wife of a hard-working, strong willed and wonderful man named Ryan. We have been married for almost a year, and I’m guessing you’re doing the math now and thinking wait they have an almost one year old child, and they have been married for almost a year. Yah, we did it kind of backwards, but I wouldn’t have it any other way!

While I was pregnant we decided to move in to my hubby’s parent’s house, and they, being the sweet people that they are, finished their basement to be a mother in law basement. Let me add here that if you are pregnant do not do any major construction projects, you’ll send yourself to the loony bin for sure! Right after we moved in, my husband’s grandmother moved in, so again if you are counting that now makes me, my hubby, my hubby’s mom and dad, my hubby’s grandma, and my son, not to mention our dog Sinatra, and our cat Lyric. We are one full and crazy house… I live in a loony bin!

To keep myself semi sane, I decided to start making jewelry. It wasn’t so much of a decision, as an idea that was thrust upon me by my mother who seems to collect crafts that she never finishes. She decided to come over one day and give me all of her beads, and I thought to myself, what in the blazes am I going to do with this crap? So I turned to my trusty friend Google, and got to work. I started downloading tutorials on beading, I found books on working with wire, and thus began my jewelry making obsession. I wasn’t working because I had gotten so sick during my pregnancy, I mean we are talking IV’s, bed rest, losing 20 pounds rather than gaining kind of sick. Ya it was no fun at all!

IMG_0857

After I had my son, I sort of tapered off on the jewelry, and decided to go back to work. Not long after going back to work though I started getting really sick again, and after going to the doctors discovered that I had fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue. Sounds scary, but it’s manageable. However, my hubby and I decided it would be best if I quit working, and just focused on raising my son for a while. Here I was again at home, in the loony bin, and I decided to pick back up on my jewelry. A friend had told me about a site called Etsy where you can buy and sell handmade goods. It was like one giant online farmers market. It was love at first site! So I decided to open a shop and start selling my jewelry. It’s been slow, but business is slowly picking up. Really though it’s more for fun, and I just enjoy sharing my talents.

So, here I am now, up late, writing a post, and thinking about what fun jewelry item to make next, and watching Supernatural on my Netflix. It’s not the most glamorous of lives, but it’s my life, and I wouldn’t have it any other way! And last but not least, as if you weren’t expecting it, a link to my store. It’s called WiredOut Jewelry and you can see all my fun items at www.etsy.com/shops/wiredoutjewelry!

It’s been such an honor guest blogging for Megan, and I hope that my post was at least some what entertaining for you all! I hope I get the chance to do it again in the future!

Xoxo,

Morgan

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

for not being a “pro-blogger” (i mean who is anyways??) i think Morgan’s post was great!!
thank you so much again for sharing your story with us!
and isn’t her son so cute!!!
heart melting picture.

be sure to check out her shop and facebook page and send her some love.

6 comments:

Jessica Sebastian said...

That was a great post! And I seriously loooove her wire-wrapped earrings. Love them!

GingerPeachT said...

Aww what a journey!! I like supernatural too lol
But if she sees this I highly suggest a gluten free diet for the fibro. It's been proven to help that!!
Good luck :-)

Unknown said...

Adorable post! Her shop is adorable.

http://shannonhearts.blogspot.com

LadyLike said...

What a wonderful blog post. Your family has certainly been on a journey. Good luck with your venture.
Diana

Morgan Davies said...

@GingerPeachT I have never heard that, but I am going to try it! Thank you so much for all of your love everyone!

Kathy said...

I love her shop and I love her earrings!! I just started a blog come over and join me www.sewcraftykathy.blogspot.com