{sea lions} tigers & bears

after only seeing my parents {maybe} once a year since we got married and they moved to the Marshall Islands, it has been a treat to have them able to visit a couple of times this summer already and spend time with us!
since Elijah was born, they have only seen him a few times so it has been really special for me to see them interact with him and watch him learn to trust & care about them.

one of those special moments happened this last week when my parents took their three Utah grandkids to the zoo.
there were moments where Elijah was really shy.
but then there were other heart-melting moments when Eli would sit right next to my dad to share chips.
or let my dad carry him on his shoulders and listen to him talk about the tigers.
or let my mom help him go down the slide at the playground.
or run over to my parents to show them a cool animal.

i have been waiting for these little moments ever since Elijah was born.
and now that my parents live much much closer {in the states!}, i am so grateful they can be here to watch him grow up and have that sweet relationship i have been waiting for.

   Zoo Edit 1zoo 8Zoo Edit 3Zoo Edit 4Zoo Edit 2Zoo Edit 17
Zoo Edit 6Zoo Edit 7Zoo Edit 8zoo 6
Zoo Edit 16zoo 3Zoo Edit 9 Zoo Edit 10Zoo Edit 11Zoo Edit 13Zoo Edit 14Zoo Edit 15zoo 4zoo 5zoo 7zoo 9
Zoo Edit 5

thanks for the epic day, grandma & grandpa!!

14 comments:

Jen said...

I LOVE these photos, he is just way too cute!
One of my favorite things in the world is seeing my dad interact with my niece and nephew. It makes me hope so much that he'll still be around when I have children. And I know my mom will be a cool grandmother and spoil them rotten!

Hope you guys have a great weekend!

Unknown said...

that little face! the cuteness!!

Unknown said...

Hi, I'm Shar!
Your newest follower from the blog hop!
Come visit me over at http://sharmartinez.blogspot.com

Great photos! Glad you all had a great time! Hmmm... That little visitor widget says I'm from Pinetops, NC... I have no idea where that is at! LOL :)

xoxo ♥ -Shar

The Ugly Homemaker said...

So so cute! Grandparents are the best - I can't wait to be one!

Rachel said...

so fun! I love watching Luke interact with my parents too. It's so special.

holli h. said...

cute pics! I wanna go to the zoo!

Laurie said...

I had a great time. I'm looking forward to more.

Aimee @ Like Mother Like Daughter said...

darling. darling photos. love seeing elijah on his grandpa's shoulders.. and now i really want to go see the polar bear!

Chrissy said...

How fun and what a happy boy! Beautiful pictures! Have a wonderful weekend! xxx

Unknown said...

This is so sweet! My family is military and we just recently moved by both sets of grandparents, along with Aunts and Uncles galore! It has been amazing watching my kids form bonds with their extended family, makes me never want to move again! So happy for you, and your parents, AND your adorable baby boy.

Unknown said...

Aw fun! That's one of the things I worry about a little with becoming parents... My parents live three hours away. Not in another country granted, but still a ways. The in laws live next door. I just want our future kids to have a good relationship with BOTH sets!

Kristen said...

Oh man, Megan!! He is sooo adorable, and I think he knows it. What a ham for the camera!! :) Nice post. Thanks for sharing the cute pics!

~Kristen
mamawinkle.blogspot.com

Tif said...

WHAT A CUTIE PIE!
I'm starting tomorrow's blog hop a bit early...I have Church in the morning!
Wuhoo...Love being a new follower!
You can find me at:

The Ramblings of a Southern Belle
http://www.her-southern-ramblings.blogspot.com

Sarah Leonard said...

This looks like an awesome day out!

Visiting via the July Hop!

Sarah
http://acatlikecuriosity.blogspot.co.uk