falling in love {again}

while we make the transition from Utah to Arizona, i have some wonderful guest bloggers lined up to fill in on the blog. i hope you enjoy their awesome posts and show them all the love & respect they deserve!

i’m so grateful for Elisabeth’s lovely post today!
after writing for the Stronger Marriage blog, i feel like i have gotten out of the habit of writing posts more directed to marriage and relationships.
i honestly really miss it and have thought about doing it more for quite some time now.
but with so much going on i guess i felt a little uninspired.
then i received Elisabeth’s post and really enjoyed it so much!

i know i personally needed to hear these tips to help improve my relationship.
every marriage at some time or another will be confronted with difficulties and stresses in their lives that may make it difficult to make time for one another and cultivate your relationship.
going into this big change in our lives i know it will be even harder to find one-on-one time.
but i know that by taking the time to truly fall in love again will be the key to keeping our marriage strong during this stressful time in our lives.

i hope you enjoy this post as much as i did and can get ideas to show greater love in your relationship!

--------------------------------------------------

Hi - So I'm Elisabeth, and I blog over at La Vita e Bella.



A little bit about me:

1. I love ice cream, my husband, and the color blue.
 
2. I detest running long distances, lose-lose situations, and not being able to fall asleep at night.
 
3. I could spend my whole life dancing, eating, and traveling and be perfectly happy.
Fun fact: I lived in Tokyo 'till I was 11, New Hampshire 'till I was 18, and am now finishing school in Utah.
Ben and I met December 6, 2010
We were engaged May 6, 2011.
And we were married August 6, 2011.



It all happened a bit fast. The speed of it would scare me a little, until I remembered what it felt like to be with him; when I’d known him a week it felt like six months. When we’d been dating a month it felt like two years, and by the time we were married, I couldn’t remember life without Ben at all.

Next month we're celebrating a whole year of marriage!
If you're not a fan of love, stay away from the blog for a few weeks, at least :)

So I'm no expert, but I believe marriage is falling in love over and over again. And to do that, here are some 3 of my 10 tips:

Make time just to have fun.
Set aside specific time once a week to do something where you laugh. Maybe its going on a silly date, watching a comedy, ticking each other - whatever it is, make sure you laugh. I married my best friend, and I think I've added another 5 years to my life because of how often we laugh :)
 
Stare at each other for two minutes straight. Sounds silly, I know - but its proven to cause a connection. 
Tell them you love them, without saying it. Of course, saying it with your voice is so important, but remind them with little things: notes, favorite candy bars, random text messages, unsolicited kisses, you get the idea ;)


For the rest of the tips, read the full post here.
And if you don't want the rest of the post, I promise I blog about things other than romance :)


Thanks Megan for letting me take over today :)
Hop over to La Vita e Bella and say hi!

Love,

Elisabeth

3 comments:

A Proverbs 31 Wife said...

Awesome! I love the laughing part. We goof around and laugh all the time :)

Alyssa Dawson said...

Yay! Both of you girls are awesome!! Love these tips! (:

Brooke @ Silver Lining said...

Love Elisabeth, as always :)

Hey Megan, random question, but do you still have sponsor spots open for August?