lovin' that man of mine


there are many times in my marriage where i don't feel worthy of Adam. 
like when i've stayed up all night with Elijah and he lets me sleep in real late on Saturday. 
then i wake up to the whole.house.cleaned {like real-clean not just picked-up-clean} including: 
laundry done, dishes washed, kitchen wiped down, floors swept, bathrooms cleaned [which is the bane of my existence], carpet cleaned & vacuumed, and shelves dusted.
plus he had Elijah up, fed, dressed, and playing quietly so i could sleep longer
AND
had made really yummy peanut butter & chocolate treats all ready to be. 

then, even though he had two tests this week, he took the {long} time to hang up a shelf in Elijah's room that i had been bugging him about for a while.
and he helped keep Elijah busy and taken care of so i can rest after he gets home even though he needs that time to study.

basically, i think Adam is awesome. 

now, i'm not one to write mushy, "look at how my life/marriage is perfect" kind of posts because i don't ever want to give the impression that my life is something that i know it isn't.
and if you were a fly on the wall in our home you would know for a fact that we do not have the most perfect relationship.
but this last week i have just felt so extremely grateful for the man that i married,
the man that i'm raising my children with,
and the man i chose to go through the rest of my life and into eternity with.

there are times where i am just so impressed with how great of person Adam truly is.
i've always known he's a good person but once you go through life & trials with someone you realize that you really didn't know them at all before you were married.

i have such crazy up and down moments that i'm honestly amazed that Adam sticks around sometimes,
that he has enough faith in me & loves me enough to help me be a stronger, better person.

so no, i definitely am not worthy of the great man Adam is.
but i can try to always be grateful that he chose to love me & show him LOVE in return.



20 comments:

Mother of Beees said...

This is so touching! I feel the exact same way about my husband, the last seven years with him have been the most amazing years of my life and I'm so greatful.

Amanda Schroeder said...

I love this, seriously. I think these posts are important every once in awhile. And I post mushy ones, too every so often. Because it also reminds you of what you have. Nobody's love life is perfect. Most just pretend.

amanda @ weandserendipity.blogspot.com

Krista Lynn said...

What a sweet post, Megan! It is such a blessing to have an amazing man in your life!

Krista

Eryka said...

What a great husband! <3

L said...

You are so sweet friend! What a beautiful post for your loving hubby to read =)

Much Love,
L

katilda said...

I love this...and i want a peanut butter and chocolate treat.

Gentri said...

So sweet. :) Hopefully I can find someone like that. Love that picture btw!!

Ruthie Hart said...

I love how it is the little things that can make us feel so grateful, like the fact that Adam cleaned up, did laundry, etc....it wasnt a fancy date, flowers, jewelry...it was doing life together and taking care of one another

The Dayleys said...

i love that the simple actions end up meaning the absolute most! i am right there with you about cleaning the bathroom too..... i'm always super grateful when mitch goes above and beyond and cleans it :)

April said...

Those moments may not happen every day, but when they do, yeah. Wow. So glad you have such a fabulous guy :)

Unknown said...

This is the way I feel every day. I'm always amazed about how amazing my boyfriend is and how much he loves me. I know he would do anything for me and he tells me how much I mean to him on a daily basis, as well as doing so much for me every day. I don't feel like I deserve it or him, but I'm so grateful to have him. I'm amazed that I've found someone like him. I never thought I would. I loved this post. :)

Unknown said...

Such a sweet post. WOW! He did a LOT, how late did you sleep? ;) It sure sounds like you two have a happy marriage though.. of course we all have our down days, but those days make us that much stronger and better together. Happy Monday night. xo

Autumn @ Autumn All Along said...

I think marriage can be hard and people SHOULD emphasize when our spouses do amazing things :) I would much rather look back and read those things than see posts where I am venting.

That being said, he did a ton. Send him over here when he is done haha.

Ashley Malan said...

Such a beautiful post. Love it.

Unknown said...

Oh yeah, I definitely feel that way sometimes. That's a good thing though... To know that you've married a good man!

Elizabeth Kelsey Bradley said...

I am so glad you have him Megan, and he is LUCKY to have you!! He sounds a lot like Billy. I sleep in late myself and clean the bathroom...not my fav thing to do!!

Amber Marie said...

Well done Adam. Now, can you teach Ryan to make those chocolate peanut butter treats? Seriously...

Helene said...

hi just found your sweet blog today! what a lovely post!! I feel like this so much in my marriage!

heleneinbetween.com

Unknown said...

This made me tear up. Such a sweet post and that photo is just beautiful<3
I think you are BOTH awesome ;)

Unknown said...

Okay, so you could have warned us that we might need a tissue! What wonderful words you've spoken about your husband. What a great tribute to him. I always love reading your blog. I always feel encouraged.