REVIVE

All of the wonderful speakers and people that put the conference together!
via Elan Photography
the other weekend i have the opportunity to attend the REVIVE Blog Conference put on by the awesome girls of Junk in the Trunk Vintage Market
it was a lot of fun and a much needed break for me :) 

i went with Janel and Chrissy which i was so grateful that they agreed to go with me cause i always get nervous meeting new people, especially bloggers. 

the conference was awesome! 
it was just for a day but i left feeling very inspired and excited about my goals & ambitions for this little blog. 

what i probably loved most about it was all the amazing people i got to meet.
some of the people that attended didn't have a blog (but were thinking about starting them), only had their blog for a little while, or had their blogs for a long time. 
but they all came with the same goal in mind: how to make their online space the best it can be. 

sometimes with blogging i feel like i'm back in high school, like i have to try really hard to get the "cool people" to like me and if they don't like me then i won't get very far. 
and the only time they will really like me is if i prove i have cute clothes and high numbers. 
does anyone else feel like that ever? 
or is that just me? 
[did i just make this post a little depressing....?]

anyways, my point is that REVIVE felt nothing like that!!
we were just all there trying to learn together, better our crafts, and altogether be better people. 
they set up lots of fun games to network and talk to the people around us and i loved it!
i didn't feel like i was judged by my numbers or traffic statistics. 
but instead we were actually getting to know each other and help one another with our common goals.

annnnnnnnnd we got to dress up in awesomely hilarious vintage outfits and no one judged me for referencing Bye Bye Birdie and almost breaking out in song. 
{remember how i'm awkward?} 

top left: Chrissy and Janel
top right: my sweet Bye Bye Birdie outfit
bottom left: notes
bottom right: me and Chrissy [stolen from her Instagram :)]
along with all that, we got to hear from some amazing speakers. 
i learned a lot from them and loved how honest & real they were about their journeys.
the speakers:
Becki from Whippy Cake
Steph from City Moms Blog
Jeremy & Adrienne from Dream Book Design
Ashley from The Shine Project
Kimberly from A Night Owl
Karen from Elan Photographie

i'm so grateful for the Junk in the Trunk Market girls for putting together a great conference!
thanks for letting me come! :) 

9 comments:

Katherine said...

Aww, looks like you girls had a good time!

http://therealfoodrunner.blogspot.com

Emily and Jake said...

So much fun! It looks like it was such a neat experience.
www.ohsweetgoodness.blogspot.com

Grace said...

fun fun fun! and the ribbon backdrop is INCREDIBLE.

grace
http://herumbrella.com

Ashley said...

Sounds like a great time! I wish we had more things like this near me. Love the photos :)

Ashley said...

Sounds like a great time! I wish we had more things like this near me. Love the photos :)

Kylie said...

I totally know what you mean...which is one reason why I made my blog private. I was tired of competing, and going private helped me to forget all of that. I emailed a blogger about doing a swap sponsorship once, and she turned me down because I didn't have "100 followers or more"....I had 97 at the time, and within a couple of days hit over 100. So yay for a positive experience!

Unknown said...

This looks like such a fun experience! just stopping by from the blog hop

kendra @openspaces

Zoe said...

It looks like it was a whole lotta fun! Love the pictures and i'm glad everyone was there for the same purpose to learn and help each other out.Hopefully I can attend next time!

Zoe @ www.turquoisebohemian.com

Anonymous said...

This looks like it was adorable and so much fun! How cool!!!