Daring Greatly

daring greatly 

i just got done reading Daring Greatly by Brene Brown for the BlogHer book club and WOW… it was amazing!
it was as if Brene interviewed me and observed me for a day and wrote this book just for me.

Daring Greatly is about “How the courage to be vulnerable transforms the way we live, love, parent, and lead.” it was absolutely amazing to see how being vulnerable affects every part of our life. and how even though vulnerability is our biggest fear, it is also our greatest asset. and that we try so hard not to be vulnerable when in fact that is what we long to be in the first place.

she talks about the way to truly be okay with being vulnerable we must believe in our own worthiness and live a Wholehearted life. and she gives “guideposts” for Wholehearted living which helps cultivate courage, compassion, and connection to wake up in the morning and think:
“No matter what gets done and how much is left undone, I am enough.”

this book is seriously wonderful.
i could read it over again, marking up the pages, taking notes, and continuing to learn so many great things to help me have true happiness in my life.
i think everyone (men, women, teachers, parents, students, everyone!) needs to read this book, not just insecure, hyper-sensitive women like me. :)

you can read along with Brene Brown and ask her questions on her personal blog here.
and keep up to date with the BlogHer discussions here.

This is a paid review for BlogHer Book Club but the opinions expressed are my own.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

This book sounds just like something I need to read! Thanks!

Kelly said...

This book sounds so great Megan!! Ya know as a mom having courage and that soft compassionate side is so important. I am fearful of doing the wrong thing as a parent so often!!! All i know is i don't want to pass down a sense of fear or inadequacy to my kids. I pray to stop that cycle with this generation.

Unknown said...

I have this on my to read list! Glad to hear you enjoyed it! :)

Unknown said...

Sounds like something I should read! Thanks!

katilda said...

i like the sounds of this book, very much indeed.