How We Wore It // Fashion Collaboration

Another round of How We Wore It! 
It's always a good exercise to shop my closet and see it all in a fresh, new light. 
And my budget always likes it too cause it decreases my chances of emotional shopping sprees ;) 

For this month the original outfit came from Memorandum:


Since I just did an outfit with a white, tulle skirt, I tried to go outside the box a little bit and use something else for inspiration. 
I decided to try to mimic the general use of neutrals and do my own twist on each piece. 

This is what I came up with: 

[skirt: Wal-Mart last summer // shirt: c/o Fresh Produce // shoes: Forever 21 // necklace: c/o Sebastian Designs]

{polka-dot chambray shirt --> purply-gray gingham}
&
{white, pleated skirt --> cream, lace, see-through overlay skirt}

When I asked Adam how it looked for pictures he said, 
"Well, you can see through your skirt...."
I told him you're supposed to and he wasn't really impressed, ha!

Actually, the original slip of this skirt was a little shorter underneath. So I took one of my longer white slips and added it on top of the original slip to make it more modest. I thought it worked out nicely... But maybe I need a {hopefully nicer?} second opinion. 
Thoughts?? 

Check out these other great looks from these fun bloggers!
Brooke at Silver Lining
Deidre at Deidre Emme
Sierra at Sierra's View
Brooklyn at A Little Too Jolley
Laura at Sincerely, Laura
Kaycie at Redhead Memories 
Kyla at FordOlogy
Ashley at Absolutely Ashley
Tayler at The Morrell Tale
Bonnie at Life of Bon

9 comments:

Brooke @ Silver Lining said...

I LOVE THAT SKIRT. (And the slip looks totally natural, like that's the one it came with.)

And this is weird, but the little glimpses of all the cacti I see in the background of your pics always makes me that much more excited for Arizona.

Kallie Cooper said...

I love love love what you came up with! Can I borrow that gingham shirt please?! Haha! You are gorgeous!

Amy's Fashion Blog said...

love your skirt

http://www.amysfashionblog.com/

Unknown said...

I love it! I think you look gorgeous and so summery!

Kalyn P said...

I love this look. I have a navy dress that is similar to the skirt and I actually love the style. I find that husbands are generally clueless on how "style" is supposed to work haha

Fairy Princess Jord said...

Cute outfit, I love that it is inspired by the picture but not copied. Work it girl (:

stephanie hammer said...

Very country & cute!

Sierra's View said...

LOVE the skirt. So much!!!!! You're freaking hot (in a non lesbian way).

Aubrey said...

LOVE the skirt! i wouldn't have thought anything about it except i saw your other post about it. basically dudes don't know:)