the sweetest boy


Elijah has turned into the sweetest little boy ever!
He melts my heart every single day with his incredibly loving nature
{despite his seemingly abnormal amounts of high energy}

Every morning, {at the crack of dawn...}, he wakes me up by crawling into bed to cuddle for a little bit [before asking for chocolate milk of course]. And if I'm ever sitting on the couch (which is all day really), he comes over and snuggles right up to me and puts my arm around him so we can snuggle.

He never hesitates to give me lots of hugs, kisses, and snuggles whenever I ask
[and even when I don't].

When I get upset he tells me "I just want you to be happy!"
Which is actually frustrating when I really am mad at his behavior...
But he gets sooooo upset and concerned if I'm not happy and smiling.

And on the flip side, when he sees me after school smiling at him he runs to me, gives me a big hug, and says, "Mom, you are happy??"
[I feel like maybe that's a bad sign that it's a surprise that I'm actually happy...?]

The other night in his new big boy bed, I cuddled with him while he tried to fall asleep and he would move his head closer so that both our heads were touching and then started tickling my arm.

He sings me the Daniel Tiger "I Like You" song and then kisses me on the cheek.

Today he told me,
"Mom, we are friends!" 


How did I get so lucky to have this sweet little boy in my life?? 
If I can only have one child in this life, I'm glad it's him. :)


6 comments:

Amberly said...

He is so sweet! I'm glad he's been sweet lately! :) I want a little boy just like him haha ;)

Allison Wall said...

I've been following your blog for a little bit now and love your honest portrayal of motherhood! It is ugly and beautiful at the same time, hard and easy... How can that be? I have loved following along with your family!

leean robinson said...

Sweet mama. And cute, adorable Elijah. You two look absolutely beautiful in these pictures.

Kelsey Eaton said...

so sweet!!

Alexis Kaye said...

This is SO cute.

Galaxia, a Nail Care Enthusiast ♥ said...

Awww he just wants you to be happy :) That's so cute! I wonder what my boy will say when he can talk.