Elijah-isms


some fun Elijah-isms this week :) 

at dinner the other night: 
"Mom, good dinner! Dad, let's clap for Mom. Yay Mom!!! Good job!" 
glad to have such a happy little cheerleader on my team. 
{the funny thing he hardly even ate dinner...}

he loves Katy Perry's song "Roar" and constantly asks to listen to the "fire" song in the car. and then he sings along with it. and frequently breaks out into that song around the house. it's the best. 

his new manipulation tactic... 
whenever he gets in trouble he says, "Mom, I just want you to be happy!" 
and then he cries and cries until I smile at him. 
I try to explain to him that it doesn't make mommy happy when he doesn't listen and I will smile once he does what I ask. but no. we can't move on until I smile and say I'm happy which basically negates the whole punishment to begin with. 

his other sneaky tactic: 
"Mom, I'm sick. I need chocolate milk to feel better." 
I mean, how do you say no to such cleverness?? 

recently at night he will tell us, "Dad, I want to take my bath for bed, then watch Daniel Tiger, then go to bed. Let's do it." and it's like an hour and a half before bedtime. so that's cool. 

also, on that note, he will say quite often "Mom, let's do it!!" and give me a thumbs up. 
it's hilarious and awesome. 

the other day he was taking forever to take a nap and eventually asked me to come in his room. he then broke down in uncontrollable sobs and said, "my mouth isn't working!!!!"
anything to get out of naptime. 

and one of the sweetest moments of the last week: 
Elijah sat in between Adam and I and said, "Let's all cuddle together!" 
perfect ending to a crazy day. 


love this kid! 

4 comments:

Jessa @ Life of A Sports Wife said...

I love these!! It is soo cute!! I can't wait to see you tonight!!

Brooke @ Silver Lining said...

He is such a little cutie! And so smart, too :) I love hearing about the cute things he says!

Alexis Kaye said...

I love me some Elijah! He's such a funny kid. I miss you guys!!

Miranda said...

my son loves the Katy Perry song too! he's always singing the "fire and roar" song haha. I love this age!