miracle of life

I know I've been really quiet around here lately and kind of a bad blogger. 
Maybe this might help explain my absence... 


After a rough patch filled with lots of tears, prayers, and frustrations, we are SO excited to have our little family grow by one this coming summer!

Elijah is excited to be a big brother and already is asking to help feed the baby a bottle. And although I've been sick and miserable, I'm feel more and more excited to have another sweet spirit in our home.

I have been feeling a whirlwind of different emotions ever since we found out.
Happiness, disbelief, shock, overwhelmed, joy, guilt, gratitude, nervous...
But the farther along I get the more at peace I feel and know that we are blessed.

2013 was a rough one for me, partly because of this whole family planning business. Though I know our story isn't uncommon and there are many more who have been through so much more than we have, this experience has given me a greater realization that the Lord is truly in charge of all things. And that is why we must trust in Him and have faith in Him to help us through the difficult times.

There are so many things I will never ever understand in this life and couldn't understand. But I do know that it is only through Him that we can get through anything that life has to throw at us. Because He is still there for us even when we lose all hope.

So here's to life!! 
The miracle & beauty of life in all its forms. 




17 comments:

Unknown said...

yay!!! congratulations!!

www.modernsuburbanites.blogspot.com

Lex said...

Congrats!!

P.S. Elijah has the best eyelashes. I'm jealous. ;)

Heather said...

Wonderful!! So exciting!

Aimee @ Like Mother Like Daughter said...

aww sorry you have been sick Megan! Are you in the second tri now and feeling better? Lets see a belly pic!

Joy said...

That's so exciting!! Congratulations!! I'm very happy for you. And God knows what he's doing, even when we don't. He has your family in his hands.

Alicia Snow said...

Yay! Congratulations!

Tara said...

So excited for you and your newest blessing :)

Carly said...

Congrats!!!!!!!

Carly
www.lipglossandcrayons.com

Cindy / Aka Chymecindy said...

Congrats. Such a good news.

Amy's Fashion Blog said...

congrats

FWIL Sentimental Blog Content said...

So happy for you my dear!

FWIL Sentimental Blog Content said...

So happy for you my dear!

Kirsty and Seth said...

Congratulations, what wonderful news!

kirstyandseth. blogspot.com

Tausha Wierlo said...

SOOOOO excited for you!!!

Elizabeth Kelsey Bradley said...

I am so overjoyed for you guys!!!! He is going to be the best older brother ever!!!!

Sierra @ Sierra's View said...

Girl. How exciting!!! I am thrilled for you. Sending a million hugs!

ahappygirl said...

Awww, that is so exciting! Congrats girl, what a beautiful blessing!

xoxo.