brag a little more about the ones you love

Did you know this week is National Marriage Week?
I didn't know about it until I started working with StrongerMarriage.org and have since celebrated it ever since. And usually I like to celebrate it on my blog by preparing posts and guest posts for the week all about marriage. 

But seeing as I'm pretty behind with the whole blogging thing because of a certain little peanut, I didn't really plan much this year. However, I have been thinking about it a lot lately and contemplating my own thoughts on marriage especially how to strengthen my own relationship. 

So I thought I would take this week to share some of my own personal posts & thoughts about marriage to celebrate the week of love! :)


This last Saturday Adam made Elijah French toast, cleaned the kitchen, vacuumed, did laundry, and helped Elijah listen to One Direction's "Story of My Life" 83 times in a row. Oh, and he studied like a champ. Meanwhile I slept in and took a super long shower. I can't even think of anything productive I did actually...

I was thinking about this later and thought about how truly lucky I got. And I really don't take the time to acknowledge it enough. 

I've been known to say that I don't really believe in the idea of making a big deal out of husbands helping around the house. Usually when I see social media statuses bragging about people's husbands, I just think it's kind of funny... I mean, I know that they are most likely gone most of the day working and maybe it's the wife's "responsibility" to be the one that cleans. But to me, helping clean the house or helping out with the children is all part of the marriage covenant we make, to be partners with one another in all things. So in my mind, they should be helping clean the dishes or help put the kids to bed at night. Because that's what we promised each other. And I hope Adam does feel like it's part of his responsibility to help out around the house, without having me to ask each time. 

And, in all honesty, if I don't get a big hurrah every time I wash the clothes, I'm not going to give it back. 

But then, this last Saturday, I was thinking how actually, Adam really does go above & beyond. He always has. And for some reason, he still does even when I don't always show my gratitude. 

And if I ever want him to show more gratitude to me, then I need to thank him more for what he does, even the little things. 

I have heard stories of other men (and women) who don't share a lot of responsibilities in their relationship. Or maybe they choose to study more and do chores less. And that works for them and they are happy. But I know at least for me, I wouldn't be happy in that kind of arrangement. And so I know I am indeed blessed to have a husband who chooses to help serve me and share my load when he has a million excuses not to. 

Just because we are in this together, doesn't mean I should take our relationship for granted. I can do so much better in showing him my gratitude for all that he does to help make my life easier and happier. Especially when I know he can always choose not to but instead does it anyways. 

So here's to bragging about him more. And being more vocally appreciative of everything he does for Elijah and I. And posting about him more Facebook. :) Cause he really does deserve it {even though I know I don't deserve his goodness}! 

I truly do love that man and can't believe how lucky I am that he picked me. He's made my life more genuinely happy than I ever thought possible. He's just the bee's knees :) 


3 comments:

Amy's Fashion Blog said...

I had no idea is was marriage week

The Girl who Loved to Write said...

I love this so much!

Unknown said...

you are very beautiful.

Ankle strap shoes come in many variations; from thin straps to the thick ones, from single to multiple straps, from flat to six inch heels.