Holiday Snapshots

Hello!
We're alive! 

I know it's been a while since I've written a real update. 
With the holidays I decided to take a little break and spend time with the little family. 

I wanted to share some of the fun things we did while I was away. 
So here are a few {lot} pictures from our holidays. :)



We had a really wonderful and simple Christmas with my parents and got to start some of our own Christmas traditions as well. Christmas has become so much more special and exciting with a little kid and seeing all the magic of Christmas through his eyes. Writing a letter to Santa, making cookies, seeing all the Christmas lights... It was like a magical wonderland for a 3-year-old. 

Some of our Christmas highlights: 

- decorating a {broken} gingerbread house 
(that Adam had to rig together to keep the walls from falling. he's a genuis.)

- making sugar cookies and decorating with way too much frosting & sprinkles for Elijah

- having Grandpa Gary and Grandma Laurie here for Christmas! 
it was the first time my parents got to spend Christmas with us and see Elijah open presents. it was a lot of fun and Elijah had an extra Christmas surprise when he woke up and saw Grandma & Grandpa sleeping in the living room :) 

- celebrating my grandparents birthdays and having a little mini reunion. it was also the first time in a loooong time that {most} of all the great-grandkids were together. 

- celebrating my dad's birthday with Elijah's very favorite cake. 


We hope you all had a wonderful holiday season!

1 comment:

Ashley Ziegler said...

I love the letter written to Santa. How adorable is that!?!? And what a cute kid!! I can't decide if he looks more like you or your husband.