desert temple hike

I told Elijah to smile. He refused... obviously. 

A couple of months ago (because I'm late to posting) we went on a little Saturday morning hike near the new Phoenix temple. It was a super small path that took forever cause we're hiking with a three-and-a-half year old. And Elijah was interested in all the cactus and rocks.
Every.Single.Rock.

I know the rest of the country is hating winter right now so I'm sorry to rub this in but...
Arizona is AMAZING right now!!!
{so come visit!}

One of my goals is to go on more little hikes while the weather is still good and since we are so close to some great hiking trails. We haven't done it much but it always refreshes us and is fun to spend time outside together.
And seriously, hiking to the temple is a pretty great way to celebrate a weekend :)

6 comments:

Ashley Ziegler said...

It looks so beautiful out there!!

Ashley Ziegler said...

It looks so beautiful out there!!

Amber Marie said...

How fun. Yes January is our time to enjoy the outdoors too. It doesn't seem so bad to live on the face of the sun...until March comes....but for now, we will enjoy :)

Amber Marie said...

How fun. Yes January is our time to enjoy the outdoors too. It doesn't seem so bad to live on the face of the sun...until March comes....but for now, we will enjoy :)

Kirsty and Seth said...

You're from Arizona?! How did I not know this? My family went on our summer holidays to Scottsdale 3 years in a row and I LOVE it there! So cool that there is a new temple in Phoenix, I think I need to visit again so I can see it myself, it's perfect justification!

kirstyandseth.blogspot.com

Denise said...

My sister lives in Mesa and by the looks of her pictures she took this same hike a few weeks ago. I love visiting there. I met up with Alexis last time I was there! So fun :)