it’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas…

well it did at least.

I just wanted to share a couple of pictures of our cozy little Christmas and some of my favorite decorations.

I made this wreath from some $1 ornaments from Target and a wire hanger. I think it turned out great!DSC04828 

I got the stockings from my sister and at Michael’s so they were free/cheap. then I just added the felt and buttons. they are really simple and not fancy at all… sometimes I get really critical of them and tell Adam all the mistakes. but for now I think they are cute and have that “one-of-a-kind” look which I loveDSCF0260

DSCF0263DSCF0267 DSCF0266  

when we first got married, my sister gave me these great little Christmas ornaments. I really like the color of them when they are all bunched together. so I put them in this little glass vase I had. I always liked when the Christmas lights hit it just right and is glowed. it was probably one of my favorite decorations I put out just because of the great colors it put off.

DSC04859

top of the entertainment center.DSC04855

I won this Nutcracker at a Mesa High School assembly. it was so random and I loved it! I remember later that day a friend in my homeroom tried to break a candy cane with it to see if it really worked and then it broke. so since we weren’t doing anything and it was half-day before Christmas break, our teacher let us go to the shop class and they glued it back together for me. GOOD TIMES!DSC04858

our cute little 3 foot Christmas tree. We didn’t have an actual Christmas tree topper so I used this star ornament my parents sent me from the Marshall Islands. the locals made it with leaves and sea shells. it’s pretty cool looking.

I also wrapped like every tiny little present I could just to make it look like a lot. that may seem dumb or shallow but whatever… I thought it made it look fun.DSC04839 

this was Elijah’s ornament I got for his First Christmas. I got it from http://www.personalizedfree.com/. I love it!! it looks so much better in person too. I was pleasantly surprised at how good of a job they did.DSC04845

and this the panoramic view that Adam caught of our Christmas-y little place. please don’t mind the mess-ups in the picture. we are still trying out the new camera and it’s features. but it still looks cool don’t ya think? (also, please don’t mind the messy table/clutter…)

DSCF0282

anyways, thanks for letting me share with you!

our apartment definitely seems more bare and sad with all the decorations gone… until next year!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Cute decorations! Question, where on the Marshall Islands are your parents? We flew to Guam for break and had a layover in Majuro.

Whitney said...

I really like the ornament wreath! I'll have to see if I can find any clearance ornaments still and try that for next year.