to the boy who made me a mother



My patience has never been tested so much. 
I have never been more tired. 
I never had to wake up so early. 
I have never been more productive. 
My body has been pushed to its limits. 
My emotions have too. 
Every weakness of mine has been magnified 
and strengthened. 

I never thought such a little person, 
with literally no knowledge about the world, 
could teach me and stretch me more than anything or anyone has before. 

Nothing prepared me for motherhood. 
But I have gained everything because of it. 

Every day I am amazed at this little son of mine. 
Every day he pushes me to be better than I am. 
Every day I think my job is to raise him when really he is training me. 

I love this sweet, spunky, energetic, smart, determined, loving, and beautiful little boy. 
He made me a mother. 
And every day I am trying hard to be the mother that he (and his baby sister) deserve! 


I hope you all had a wonderful Mother's Day with those you love!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Love this!! The joys of motherhood, nothing can compare!!!




Carsedra McKoy:
www.embracingtherealme.com
http://sweets4yourtooth.blogspot.com/

The Girl who Loved to Write said...

This is so very precious!