Costa Vida Sweet Pork Salad

I finally am getting around to sharing one of my favorite recipes. 
I have tried lots of different versions of this recipe over the last 3-4 years and I feel like I finally came up with the perfect one. 
At least the perfect one for my taste buds :) 
It's super easy and super delicious and I would seriously consider making this every day if I could. 
{Adam knows I would!} 

So here is my tried & true Costa Vida Sweet Pork copy-cat recipe. 


INGREDIENTS:
- 1-2 lbs of boneless pork ribs
- one can of Dr. Pepper (not diet!) 
- 2 cups of brown sugar 
- small can of diced green chilies 
- 1 can of green enchilada sauce (15 oz.)
- garlic powder
- onion powder 
- cumin

DIRECTIONS: 
- place pork ribs in crockpot 
- mix together Dr. Pepper, brown sugar, green chilies, enchilada sauce in a bowl 
- add garlic powder, onion powder, and cumin [I don't particularly measure, I just add it til I think it looks/tastes good] 
- pour sauce over ribs
- cook on HIGH for 4-5 hours or on LOW for 6-8 hours
- when pork is cooked, shred meat with forks. let simmer for about a half hour longer or until you have the rest of the toppings made. 

now to put it together! 

- warm up a flour tortilla on a skillet and add shredded cheese on top until melted 
- spoon sweet pork on top of tortilla with cheese, straining the liquid 
- top with cilantro lime rice [this is my favorite recipe!], 
  black or pinto beans [I like black, Adam likes pinto. we are a house divided ;)]
  romaine lettuce, 
  homemade pico de gallo,
  homemade cilantro ranch dressing, 
  and homemade fried corn chip strips. 

ENJOY!



Just looking at these pictures makes me want to cook this again tonight. 
It's so good!! 

If you make it, let me know how it turns out! :) 

No comments: